The Internet has been buzzing a lot with so many trends of late. Whether they are 24 hours of challenges, funny video challenges, childhood memories challenges, or quick recipe trends. The Internet has been quite an informative platform with so many new things that keep cropping up every minute. Since most of us are in self-quarantine, it has become increasingly difficult to go out and relish that hot/ cold cup of cappuccino or latte in our favorite coffee shop. So, the internet generation has come up with its very own newfound recipe of coffee that is yummy.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is named after a famous Korean street candy of the same name-in Korea, they call it ppopgi. usually, i is a honeycomb or candy shaped toffee placed on a stick. But it’s caffeinated version is sweet and frothy served in a glass/ cup.
How did it become popular?
It all began when many people on TikTok, a video sharing platform took notice of this coffee, and it soon became extremely popular. Then, various YouTube channels also tried this extremely easy yet flavourful coffee. This led to its popularity.
How To Make Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is extremely easy to make with just 3 ingredients.
You will need
- 2 spoons instant coffee powder
- 2 spoons sugar
- 2 spoons hot water
- Milk as per your liking
- Take a bowl, and add coffee water and sugar
- Whisk it vigorously till it turns cloud-like toffee-colored froth ( either with hand blender or hands)
- If you blend it manually, you will take around 15 minutes. Whereas with an electronic hand mixer, you will get the best results within just 5-7 minutes of whisking.
- Once the fluffy froth is ready, place it on chilled milk and relish this lip-smacking easy coffee.
- Note- You can also use warm/ hot milk, but this coffee is best served cold.