The amazing thing about coffee scrub is that your skin no longer has to deal with the chemicals that are present in commercially available scrubs. You might believe your morning cup of coffee to spice up your energy and metabolism on a day to day. While coffee is most generally used as a beverage, it’s also gaining a reputation as an alternate remedy for the skin. This is often because of its antioxidants, which include phenols that help fight free radicals which will cause skin damage.
While a cup of can provides antioxidants internally, the purported skin benefits from coffee are primarily obtained topically. This involves making a mask, scrub, or paste from fresh dregs and applying them to your skin directly. Coffee may be a source of nutrients and antioxidants that will benefit the skin, scalp, and hair.
An individual can use it to exfoliate, treat acne, increase blood flow, and balance pH levels. During this article, we’ll be seeing the way to use coffee scrub for the face.
But firstly, let’s see how coffee scrubs benefit your skin.
Coffee can help in reducing the emergence of cellulite on the skin. It’s thought that the caffeine content in coffee is the key to cellulite reduction by dilating blood vessels beneath the skin and improving overall blood flow. In this way, this can help in decreasing the emergence of cellulite.
Applying coffee straightly on your skin can help you decrease the outer shell of sunspots, redness, and fine lines. In fact, it is found that there is a direct correlation between drinking coffee and a decrease in photoaging effects.
The CGAs in coffee contains both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Combined with the natural exfoliation of coffee grounds, all these benefits can collectively fight acne.
The benefits of coffee can also be used for post-sun care. The input here is to make a comforting treatment that your sunburned skin will be appreciated by just using a coffee treatment.
The antioxidants, stimulants, and chlorogenic acids in coffee can build an effective acne-fighting facial scrub. Acne takes place when oil, dead skin cells, and other substances block skin pores, which may become contaminated by bacteria, and consequentially in inflammation.
Scrubbing the face thoroughly with coffee grounds can result in clearing away dead skin cells and unblock the pores.
The chlorogenic acids in coffee can definitely reduce inflammation and guard against some strains of bacteria.
You May Also Like:
Let us see how to use coffee for scrubbing of a face in 5 methods:
- Take half a cup of fresh coffee
- And half cup brown sugar
- Then you need half a cup melted coconut oil
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix together a half cup of fresh ground coffee and a half cup of brown sugar.
- And then add a half cup of coconut oil into the coffee mixture and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Blend it until well combined.
- Gently apply the mixture over your face—avoid areas around the eyes. Leave it on for more than a few minutes. Rinse carefully.
Coffee and Sugar Scrub
- Two tablespoons of coffee grounds
- One tablespoon of grated sugar
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Put the ingredients all together in a glass bowl and mix it well.
- Apply it on your face to scrub while taking the shower.
- You can store the leftover mixture and can use it in a month.
Coffee and Coconut Oil Scrub
- Two tablespoons of coffee grounds.
- One fourth cup of yogurt
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
- Juice of a half lemon
- In a glass bowl, mix the ingredients altogether. Apply the mixture to scrub your face. Let it relax for about 15 minutes. And then Wash it off in the shower.
Coffee and Honey Face Scrub
- Two tablespoons of coffee grounds
- Three tablespoons of yogurt or you may take whole milk
- One tablespoon of honey
- Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Mix the ingredients all together in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture on your face.
- Massage gently for 10 minutes. Let it keep for a while.
- Rinse it off.
Coffee and Brown Sugar Scrub
- One tablespoon of coffee grounds
- One tablespoon of brown sugar
- one tablespoon of almond oil
- Blend the coffee and brown sugar in a bowl
- Pour oil into it and mix (adjust the consistency).
- Massage with this mixture on your face and neck in a circular motion.
- Scrub it for less than 10 minutes and then wash off.
The amazing thing about coffee scrub is that your skin no longer has to deal with the chemicals that are present in commercially available scrubs. And if you love coffee, you now have more reasons to rejoice. Coffee is a versatile product that may exponentially propose a diversity of skincare benefits.
Still, it’s a good idea to follow up with your dermatologist if you’re not seeing the desired results after several weeks of treatment.
Try to use premium, freshly ground beans as it can be more efficient than packaged or instant coffee. However, results can vary, and it may help to try a few different types to see which works best.