Aloe vera is one plant that is both, decorative and medicinal. It has many prominent qualities like it soothes sunburn, hydrates the skin well, is a great toner for the face, has anti-diabetic properties and is great for hair growth.
Taking about hair growth magic by aloe vera, it is still not proven by science as to how it works but when practically used Aloe Vera for Hair Growth in daily life, this miracle plant is a boon to the dying scalp.
Fun facts about Aloe vera
- Aloe vera’s presence on earth dates back to 2100 BCE.
- It has 75 active ingredients including choline, and other vitamins like Vitamin A, B12, C and E which are great for hair.
Aloe vera seems to work wonders for hair health because of its natural makeup. It contains plant steroids, fatty acids, essential amino acids, and vitamins all of which are important for hair. in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry, it is said that aloe vera alone is a $100 billion- a year profit ingredient.
Proven benefits of Aloe vera
- It works well on burns and wounds by healing them. it has antibacterial properties hence can be applied directly to the affected skin.
- Aloe vera is a laxative and but not yet tested
- It has great anti-diabetic effects and helps control the raging blood sugars.
Aloe vera on curly hair
Naturally curly hairs tend to benefit more from aloe vera. It’s a mix of vitamins and hydrating properties moisture the curly hair which is often too dry.
How to use Aloe vera for the hair?
It is actually quite simple to apply. One can also buy aloe vera extract from the market or directly apply aloe extract from the plant.
-Take a knife and cut a thick leaf from the aloe vera plant
-With the same knife slice the leaf in two halves from the edge.
-Take a spoon and scoop out the aloe gel from the leaf
-Directly apply the gel on the hair and scalp and let it sit for an hour.
-Rinse hair using lukewarm water and only mild shampoo
-Use this therapy 3 times a week
Using Aloe vera along with other helpful ingredients
Scalp health and hair health is extremely crucial when we want to elevate our personality and feel confident. It can get hectic and cost-consuming if one has to visit the hair salon every week or fortnight to address hair issues. Below are great DIY aloe vera hair masks that provide maximum benefit.
- Honey, yogurt and Aloe vera mask- Mix a tablespoon of all these three ingredients and apply on the roots of the hair and scalp. Gently massage the mix in a circular motion using fingertips. Let the hair rest for 15 minutes and then rinse off using a mild shampoo.
- For dandruff issues, aloe vera and apple cider vinegar work well together. In a spray bottle, mix 7 to 8 tablespoons of aloe vera and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Shake well and spray the mix on the hair. Rinse with a mild shampoo and repeat this procedure twice in a month.
- For hair growth solutions, castor oil and aloe vera are two powerful agents that complement each other well. Mix 7 to 8 tsp of aloe vera and 2 tsp of castor oil in a cup. Apply this mix on the scalp, roots and hair strands evenly. Let this sit on the hair overnight or for about 2 hours. Rinse hair using a mild shampoo.
- Of course, there are many chemically rich solutions available in the markets but nothing works best like nature. Try to use natural commodities for health benefits for maximum advantage and Aloe vera is indeed a boon to humans.