Do you know what an Air fryer is? Have you ever used it before? Do you know there are many food items that you can cook in it? To get an answer to all the questions asked above, you to have to read the text below so
This is an amazing invention for the foodies who like their fries but also like to go easy on the oil. It works on the principle of using hot air and minimal oil to cook food. How is that possible? Well, it is has been in existence since 2010. You can use an air fryer to cook up your regular delectable like fried chicken, French fries, popcorn and much more.
What’s the science behind the working of an air fryer?
Well, it’s not rocket science but does involve hot air. In this, the food is cooked evenly and effectively by the constant circulating hot air and the oil (which is applied with a brush on the to-be cooked food item). The food comes out cooked and appears similar in texture to its fried version-soft on the inside and crisp outside.
Here are some healthy recipes for you to try out in it.
- Zucchini fries- Sure you have heard about zucchini fries and even tried the deep-fried versions. The air fryer version saves times, packs up nutrition and is kids friendly. You can enjoy healthy air fried zucchini fries with garlic aioli dips or Greek yogurt. This dish definitely tops the list of Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- Turkey or chicken Breast- Yes, you can cook protein in it. During holidays, you already have a lot going on at home with guests, family, and decorations. Cooking can be taken care of by just placing the marinated piece of chicken or turkey breast in that fryer. The piece of protein gets cooked perfectly without char and any leftover can be used for sandwiches.
- Chicken nuggets with whole wheat- Yup, you can make chicken nuggets too and that too the whole wheat kind. Swap the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat breadcrumbs and some flavored rosemary or thyme parmesan. The crunch from the dish will make even both adults and kids weak in their knees. who knew chicken nuggets could also be counted in healthy air fryer recipes.
- Sweet potato French fries- Regular French fries soak up a lot of oil and double frying them means more oil. Here is a healthy version of French fried but with sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are loaded with minerals and calcium which is great for bone health. Air fried sweet potato fries are tasty, nutritious and are made using very little oil.
- Sausages- eggs can get boring when eaten every day. Try air-fried Cajun sausages for breakfast. They can be made using great seasonings and using an air fryer means it can cook while you take your time to get ready.
- Cauliflower and sweet potato patties- You don’t have to worry about eating unhealthy snacks anymore because these air-fried cauliflower and sweet potato patties are here. They are easy to make, use less oil and are healthy. Just blend the two veggies together, season them, cover them with some breadcrumbs and parmesan, and place them in the air fryer after brushing some oil over them.
- Baked sweet potato- You can bake a whole sweet potato in an air fryer less than 40 minutes. The skin of the sweet potato gets crisp and when you tear it open the sweet-smelling creaminess of the sweet potato invited you to dig in and relish it.
- Baked fish- you get a crisp-skinned salmon by using an air fryer. The best part is you don’t have to use lots of butter to baste the fish. Simply apply some olive oil on the fish fillet, season it with salt and pepper and you can added crushed garlic as well. Throw in some herbs to infuse the fish with aroma and set the air fryer for 10 minutes. Unlike the oven or an open-top stove, the air fryer does not dry up the fish. This Healthy Air Fryer Recipe can be cooked up in no time.
- Steak- meat lovers who love a quick meal will definitely benefit from investing in an air fryer. Season the steak well with salt, pepper, crushed garlic and rosemary and then place it in the air fryer. Set it to cook for 12 minutes or 15 minutes and the beautiful piece of meat cut will come out cooked perfectly.
- Churros with chocolate sauce- Desserts can also be whipped up in an air fryer. Churros come out great with a crisp outside and soft inside texture. Simply pipe the 10 to 15 pieces churros mix into the air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.