Most people are unaware that angular cheilitis is very common; mainly because they are unaware that it is the name of their mouth sore. The sores that occur in the cracks of our mouths and smiles is angular cheilitis and finding a good angular cheilitis home remedy isn’t hard. The sore itself is actually a crack or slit in the mouth and if you have a severe enough case, those sores could bleed if your mouth is open.
Symptoms of Angular Cheilitis:
The symptoms for angular cheilitis are actually very common, so much so that a lot of people are unaware they even have them. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you just might have angular cheilitis:
- Sores at both corners of your smile that are very painful and become even more painful while you are talking, drinking and eating.
- Rashes and redness around the affected area is also common
- Splits in the lips and mouth other than the original sores
- Heavily chapped lips
List of Home Remedies:
The angular cheilitis home remedy you choose will ultimately be up to you, but here are a few commonly used ones you may want to try.
- Put some aloe vera on the area two to three times a day
- Increase the amount of water you drink, even if it is painful because it will help
- Apply the powder form of the Neem leaf to the area
- Rubbing pieces of cucumber on the area and all around the mouth
- Drink lots of juices high in Vitamin C
- Increase your Vitamin B 12 intake
- Run a humidifier overnight or a few hours a day because it can add moisture to your lips
- Apply Vaseline all over the lips and sores
- Antifungal medicine has also been known to help but in these cases it may be smart to ask a dermatologist first, just to be safe.
- Solutions can be purchased over the counter that is specially designed for angular cheilitis that you just apply a few times a day.
If you want to avoid getting angular cheilitis again then there are some things that you should avoid in the future. If your lips are dry, use moisturizing and flavor free chapstick because licking them constantly only makes it worse. While the sores are present you should also try not to use lipstick in general or heavy lip make up period. Doing these few things will guarantee you won ‘t have to look for another angular cheilitis home remedy again.
While these home remedies are effective there are some severe cases that simply need medical attention. Do not avoid going to the doctor if these remedies just are not doing the trick for you because you may require a special prescription. Even though you want to go the all natural way, sometimes infections just require a medicine that does the job quicker and more efficiently that perhaps you might have thought.