6 Signs And Symptoms Of Iron Deficiency: Iron deficiency is a very common problem among people. It generally occurs when you do not have enough mineral iron which is very compulsory for your body. Iron is very important as it helps to make haemoglobin in your body. And if you do not get a good amount of haemoglobin then, you would not get enough oxygen to work efficiently and effectively.
Iron deficiency may be caused due to heavy blood loss, some disease, inadequate iron in the diet or during pregnancy.
Here are the 6 signs and symptoms of iron deficiency:
1.UNUSUAL TIREDNESS: It is the very common sign and symptom of iron deficiency in the people. Usually you feel tired if you do not have enough iron in your body. Iron deficiency leads to lack of haemoglobin in your body which makes you tired and lazy. People who are suffering from iron deficiency feel very low energy in them like: weakness, difficulty in concentrating in the work etc.
2. PALENESS: If you are suffering from iron deficiency then you will notice pale colour in the lower side of your eyes. Your skin will lose the healthy and glowing colour and turn out to be pale in colour. You will feel pale colours on your nails, face and lips. This is the very common sign if you are suffering from iron deficiency.
3. SHORTNESS OF BREATH: As iron deficiency leads to lack of haemoglobin in the body then it will automatically let very less amount of oxygen enter your It will lead to a very low amount of oxygen in your body which can cause breathing problems. So, shortness of breath is also a very common symptom of iron deficiency.
4. DRY AND DAMAGED HAIR AND SKIN: If your hair and skin are getting dried and damaged then it is also a very major sign of iron deficiency. Your skin and hair become weak and dry because you are depriving of oxygen due to iron deficiency. It may also cause hair loss and damage to the hair. If you are losing clumps of hairs then it is the sign and symptoms of iron deficiency.
5. RESTLESS LEGS: If you feel difficulty in sleeping at night due to your leg pain then it can be a sign of iron deficiency. Most of the people suffering from iron deficiency feel restless legs. You feel very uncomfortable as your legs always keep on paining and restless. You will feel an unpleasant crawling and itchy sensations in your legs and feet.
6. HEADACHES AND DIZZINESS: As you do not get enough oxygen in your whole body then the blood vessels of your brain may swell and it may cause a major headache to you. You will also feel dizziness in your body if you are suffering from iron deficiency.
So, these are some of the symptoms of iron deficiency.