As you know that neck strengthening exercise is very important for your body as it makes your upper spine healthy. You should do exercise daily. Basically, you do the exercises for different parts of the body like legs, arms, shoulders, etc. to maintain them strong.
In the same way, exercise for the neck is also very important to maintain a strong neck. As you know that your neck supports your head so it is very necessary that you should keep your neck strong by performing neck strengthening exercises.
It is very important for you to take care of your neck as it has a direct connection with your brain. You will maintain a strong neck by exercising then you will be protected from any kind of injury and pain. Injury caused in the neck is very painful and irritating.
The simple and efficient way to get rid of this neck pain is by doing the neck strengthening exercises:
1. CHIN TUCK: It is the best neck strengthening exercise for beginners. By doing this exercise, you will be able to improve your posture and maintain a strong neck. As the name suggests, you have to lower your chin so that you will feel like your neck is stretching from the back.
You can repeat this exercise 10 times. This exercise is very helpful as it will strengthen your muscles in your neck.
2. BACK BURN: It is the other important neck strengthening exercise you can do. You should stand in a way that your back should be against the wall and your arms, hands, head, and fingers should be touching the wall.
You have to slowly slide your hands up above your head and back down. This is the best way to do this exercise. You can repeat this 10 times.
3. ROTATIONAL RESISTANCE: As the name suggests you have to rotate your neck towards your shoulders. Just place your one hand on the side of your head and rotate your head towards your shoulders. You can do this 8-10 times and after that rotate your neck in the opposite direction.
4. SHOULDER BLADE SQUEEZE: This neck strengthening exercise is beneficial for your shoulders as well as your neck. You can do this exercise in any way by sitting or maybe by standing. You just have to tuck your chin slightly and squeeze your shoulder blades. You can do so as much as you can according to your capability.
5. PRONE COBRA: You cannot do this exercise by sitting or standing. This should be done by lying on the floor. You have to lie down on the floor by putting your face down. In this exercise, you have to lift your forehead up. Do not look straight. Be in that position for some seconds and then repeat the same 10 times.
6. NECK PLATE CURLS: You need a weight while performing this exercise. The weight you choose should be in the way so that you can place it easily against the back of your neck. You have to hold that weight at the back of your neck and after that tilt your head upward and downward.
7. NECK HARNESS: In this neck strengthening exercise also, you have to lift some weight with the help of your neck. It is very similar to the neck plate curls exercise. This exercise can be done by lying down on the floor and facing upwards with your back on the bench.
This can also be done by standing up with knees bent and hands-on thighs. This exercise will strengthen the muscles as well as the back of your neck.
8. TOWEL EXERCISE: As the name suggests, you have to use a towel while doing this exercise. You have to fold your towel so that it will become thicker and wrap the towel behind your face at the base of your hairline.
After that, you have to move your neck or chin towards your chest and then lift it up. Repeat it several times.
9. HEADSTAND: It is a very popular neck strengthening exercise which is performed by most of the people who are going to the gym or doing exercise daily. You just have to place a soft pillow and kneel down to put your head on that pillow.
Try to swing your legs up against the door. It is not so difficult to exercise but it will take some time to do so. It is a very helpful exercise as it will make your body shape perfectly. Most of the people who practice yoga perform this exercise.
10. SIDE STRETCH: As the name suggests, you have to stretch your neck to the left and right sides. You have to tilt your neck towards the right and left sides in the way so that your ears touch your shoulders. You should perform this exercise daily.
11. RESISTANCE EXERCISE ROUTINES: In this neck strengthening exercise, you have to place one hand on the other above the ear and then you have to push head or neck with the help of your hands. You have to follow this process with your other side also.
12. HEAD LIFT (FLAT): As the name suggests, you have to lift your head by laying down on the floor and your back should be against the floor. After that, you have to lift your head and try to reach your chest and then come to your normal position.
You have to do so several times. It is the best neck strengthening exercise you can do if you are suffering from neck pain.
13. HEAD LIFT (SIDEWAYS): As the name suggests you have to lift your head in the sideways direction. You have to lay down on the floor in the sideway direction and then you have to raise your head towards your ceiling.
This exercise will provide you relief from tension and stress and you will be very relaxed after doing this exercise.
14. SHOULDER CIRCLES: In this neck strengthening exercise, you just have to rotate your shoulders in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. You can do so like ten clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
15. NECK RETRACTION: In this neck strengthening exercise, you have to slide your head backward without raising your straight line of sight. You should perform this exercise 6-8 times a day.
16. FORWARD AND BACKWARD NECK TILT: As the name suggests, you have to tilt your neck in the forward and backward directions. It will provide you relaxation in your neck and shoulders.
17. FLEXION: In this neck strengthening exercise, you have to lock both of your hands on the backside of your neck and you have to push your head or neck towards your chest in the way that your chin touches your chest.
18. SHOULDER BLADE PULL: Here, you have to raise your arms and bend them at a 90-degree angle. Then move your elbows backward and draw the shoulder blades together to gently squeeze the muscles between them. You can also do this in the opposite direction.
19. ROTATING NECK (FOUR DIRECTION): As the name suggests, in this exercise you have to rotate your neck in all the directions right, left, upward, and downward.
20. HAND RESISTANCE EXERCISES: This neck strengthening exercise is best suited for your neck pain. You will get relief from your neck pain after doing this exercise. Place both your hands on your forehead. Start to move your head forward and oppose the force of your head using your hands.
21. SHOULDER SHRUGS (USING WEIGHTS): You can take dumbbells of 2-5 pounds in both of your hands or anything else with the same weight and then raise your shoulders upside. You can do this exercise in three sets in a day.
22. REVERSE FLIES (USING WEIGHTS): In this neck strengthening exercise, you have to take 2-5 pounds of dumbbells in each hand. Make your hands straight towards your legs and then slightly bend your elbows and squeeze shoulder blades to raise your arms up to the sides.
23. UPRIGHT ROW (USING WEIGHTS): This neck strengthening exercise is performed by pulling weights up to the collarbone by raising your elbows out towards the sides. Just take 2-5 pounds of weight in your hands, not more than that. It will also provide you with great relief from neck pain and make it strong.
So, these are the best 23 neck strengthening exercises which you should definitely do.